Giuliani Blog Tracking the likely Presidential candidacy of Rudy Giuliani

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Hugh Hewitt Interviews Mayor Giuliani

Here's the full transcript. And here's the audio of the interview, which includes some back and forth with Path to 9/11 producer Cyrus Nowrasteh.

The closing question:

HH: And have you ruled out running for president, Mayor Giuliani?

RG: Oh, no, no, no, no. I'm traveling the country, as I had four or five meetings today, talking to people and getting their advice. I want to put the focus right now on winning the House and Senate in 2006. But it's something that I very much have on my mind.

HH: Well, I look forward to having you back to talk about that, and www.solutionsamerica.com is Rudy's PAC. And thanks very much, Mayor.

Wow. It's obvious that Hewitt is a Romney supporter, largely because the Mayor has been so coy about running, and this question speaks to that. But it sounds like we may get him back yet.

And... "four or five meetings." Sounds like Rudy is doing some behind-the-scenes legwork we were led to believe was not happening.

Find this post interesting? Get posts
from this blog in your inbox once a day: