Giuliani Blog Tracking the likely Presidential candidacy of Rudy Giuliani

Saturday, September 16, 2006

It's Not Just 9/11

In the book store earlier today I was paging through Deroy Murdock's American Spectator cover story on Rudy (not online).

He opens with a story of a passenger who was on a flight with Rudy in May of 2005, when, at 38,000 feet, one of the cabin doors cracked open and the cabin started to depressurize. The pilot was forced to quickly descend to 9,000 feet. Understandably, there was a good deal of panic and concern on the plane.

What did Rudy do? He put on his oxygen mask... and resumed reading a Shakespeare book he was about to give his daughter.

Nerves of steel.

Find this post interesting? Get posts
from this blog in your inbox once a day:

1 Comments:

At 7:00 PM, Blogger Kavon W. Nikrad said...

RB,

Right after the 2004 election, I attended a Polk County (Iowa) Republican event where I was speaking to someone who identified themselves to me as a So-Con Evangelical Republican.

I was asking about all of the potential '08 candidates: McCain, Allen, Rice, Huckabee, etc... When I finally got to Rudy, the fellow paused and said "I'd follow that man to the gates of hell".

It was a "moment of clarity" for me. It was the first time that I really understood that Rudy is a transcedant national figure. He is above Party. He is above Politics.
He is this geberations "Ike".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home