Rudy Giuliani Watch: Southwest Florida Today
Republican Rudy Giuliani said Saturday that Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton has not stated clear goals for dealing with the Iraq war and Iran’s nuclear ambitions.
The former New York mayor also criticized Clinton’s health insurance proposal and her suggestion that every child born in the U.S. should get a $5,000 “baby bond” from the government to help pay for future costs of college or buying a home.
Based on Clinton’s answers in recent debates, Giuliani said during a town hall meeting that he cannot figure out her position on Iran.
The Money Quotes:
- “We’re dealing with a level of ambiguity that I don’t believe is a good sign in a would-be commander in chief in a time of war,” said Giuliani, who has positioned himself as the one Republican able to thwart another Clinton presidency.
- “If you listen to Democrats and some people in the press, the whole reason we’re in Iraq is to figure out how to withdraw,” he said. “That’s all they talk about. I don’t know if they realize how counterproductive that is. I don’t know if they realize how strategically irresponsible that is.”
- “Americans solve problems, not the government,” he told the several hundred people who came out for his appearance in the Fort Myers area in southwest Florida.
- “Government gets out of the way. It creates an atmosphere of safety and security. It creates an atmosphere of fairness. Other than that, it doesn’t try to plan your life for you. It doesn’t try to become nanny government,” he said.
- “I think it’s seared in the minds of all Americans how important Florida is,” he said.
Rudy continues to attack Hillary Clinton and the Democrats (not other GOP Presidential candidates) in a state that he and the GOP MUST win in order to win the Presidency. He currently leads in the polls for the GOP nomination and in general election match-ups in Florida.
Technorati Tags: Rudy Giuliani