A campaign worker for Republican Presidential Candidate Ron Paul places a sign along a highway near the Iowa Straw Poll in Ames, Iowa, August 11, 2007.
Fox News is reporting that New Hampshire and Iowa are about ready to set their GOP primary and caucus dates.
The early state elections prior to Super Duper Tuesday February 5, 2008 would thus break down:
- January 5 - Iowa Caucus
- January 12 - New Hampshire Primary
- January 19 - South Carolina and Nevada
- January 29 - Florida
So, what does this mean for Rudy and his quest for the GOP nomination?
1. Rudy will be “ON AIR” right after Christmas.
2. Californians will begin voting by mail prior to the New Hampshire Primary - this diluting the influence effects of all of the early primaries on California voters. Advantage Giuliani.
3. Weather and winter conditions may play a role in the GOP nomination process - although the early elections/caucuses are on Saturday which may aid turnout some.
4. Rudy will have the early advantage of campaign resources since he has more cash on hand than any other candidate. Look for heavy media buys in Florida and Super Tuesday states, including Illinois and Florida.
5. This calendar will favor Rudy and somewhat Romney. An earlier calendar may persuade Fred Thompson to return to Law and Order. Newt Gingrich can forget about it. If you have no money, you won’t be able to go on television and into the mailbox.
Fresh from the Republican Debates, Rudy Giuliani waits to be introduced at a town hall style meeting at the Bettendorf High School, in Bettendorf, Iowa on August 7.
Rudy Giuliani Watch: Ames Straw Poll is Over
Rudy Giuliani Watch: Why Rudy Did Not Go To Ames #1
Rudy Giuliani Watch: Grassley - Mistake for Rudy to Skip Ames Straw Poll?
Rudy Giuliani Watch: John Edwards Attacks Rudy Over 9/11
Representative Charles Rangel Calls Rudy Giuliani a Bum
In California Giuliani Now Leads Thompson 2 to 1 and Romney 4 to 1
Rudy Giuliani Watch: Mitt Romney HYPOCRITICALLY Attacks Giuliani on Illegal Immigration
Some Giuliani After Dark
John Edwards Calls Rudy Giuliani - “Bush on Steroids”
Rudy Giuliani Watch: Is Barack Obama Plagiarising Rudy?
Rudy Giuliani Watch: Why The You Tube Debate is Flawed
Rudy Giuliani Watch: Rudy’s Commitment to Health Care
Rudy Giuliani Watch: Democrats Want NANNY Government to Control Your Life
Rudy Giuliani Watch: The You Tube Debate Flap Continues With CNN Attempting to Reschedule Debate
The Rudy Giuliani Archive
Technorati Tags: Rudy Giuliani